Saturday, May 9, 2015

Fell bang smack dab, right into crochet!!!

 

yellow crochet top 

http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Tops/Spring-Fever-Crochet-Top-Willow-Yarns

I found this pattern on Pinterest and I made it I did not use the same yarn as

recommended as I did not have it on hand but I used the Red Heart comfort

size medium 4 in yellow. This was a bit more bulky and so it made it slightly larger and

so I had to tweak the pattern a bit. I found that the neckline was way to low and

it looked a bit strange and so with a double crochet I filled in the front. I first single

crocheted the neckline and then I started just below the shoulder with a slip stitch

and then a single crochet, a half double crochet and then the full double crochet in

order to get it to make a gradual curve. I then double crocheted to the opposite side

with the double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet and slip stitch. Chain one

to turn and continue with the slip st., single crochet, half double crochet and double

crochet. Do this until you are satisfied with the amount you have built up. I also added

a single crochet around the edges of the sleeve. I then chained 4 and skipped one

single crochet and slipped stitched in the next to make a lacey edge.  I found it a bit too bulky

at the shoulders as I have big shoulders it didn’t look right on me and so I made a chain

rope by chaining a length to go around the chest/ shoulder part and single crocheted into

this chain. I then with the hook still in the loop, took this chain and wrapped it around the

shoulder/ chest area and slipped stitched it in place, chain one and cut yarn and pull through.

Same for both sides. I also single crocheted all around the bottom.

 

spring-fever-crochet-top_Large400_ID-893444 

Pinterest pattern

 

 

yellow crochet top 4

My pattern

 

I may or may not have made it exactly like the Pinterest pattern, I have no clue!!

This is my first crocheted top ever!! Actually, I have made very little in crochet. I

learned to crochet as a little girl of probably 7 or 8 as I watched my mother teach

my older sister how to crochet and next thing you know I was crocheting but I

can’t remember actually making something with it, it was more just playing around….

anyways, I didn’t do it much and then when I was 14 I made a baby blanket and that

was pretty much it. I think it’s  like riding a bike, once you know it you don’t forget it.

I have a great long term memory and I remembered how to make some of the stitches….

but short term…forget it!! I can’t remember what I had yesterday for breakfast and uhm…sometimes today!! lol

yellow crochet top 5 

 

yellow crochet top 2

 

I have no idea why I started crocheting….I am sitting here trying to

think what caused me to start and I am coming up with nothing except

I saw yarn at Walmart and a crochet hook and it was cheap and so I bought it.

Hey always good to have yarn and a crochet hook in the house, cause you

never know what you’ll need it for when you are bored. I was staying at my daughter’s

house when this happened, making a quilt at the time… Like making a quilt should be

enough right? NOPE not for me

I have A.D.D of the creative mind is all I can say…. It amazes me how

quick my mind and desires can change!!! Like really!!! I was supposed

to be painting on fabric, I have been dreaming and thinking of painting

on fabric and making clothes with my “paintings” and here I am

crocheting and fabric painting is on hold!!? What’s up??? I didn’t plan this, but I am having fun!!!

IMG_1214

IMG_1213

Here I am wearing it with a skirt I made and doodled on with markers

and paint. Music theme

 

IMG_1174

 

I am pretty thankful for my creative talents, I don’t know why I have so many

but I really enjoy them!!!! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Next thing you know, I have started an afghan!!! What have I embarked on??,

I don’t know! Will I ever finish it??? Maybe hehehe

 

IMG_1262

IMG_1308

Some of my favorite colors. Teals, white, black, pink and a touch of yellow. Simple to do,

just a series of double crochets and chains.

It will go on my bed. I have lots more plans…curtains, stool, pillows etc. but

we will have to see if I get this one completed first! ha!

 

I gave the fever to my daughter who is home visiting for a few weeks with her 7 week old son Brody,

my cutie pie grandson. Love this guy!!!

IMG_1577 

I showed her the basic steps and she went “right to town” and made two very pretty dish clothes.

One for me and one for Brody’s other beautiful grandma for mother’s day! Yay us!!

(Hopefully my daughter will have given it to her before she sees this!!) :)
Now she is thinking hard about making an afghan! Big project!!

 

This one is mine and I enjoyed it very much taking pictures of it. Perfect gift for me :)

IMG_1609

IMG_1614  IMG_1622IMG_1616 

 IMG_1649 

IMG_1662 IMG_1668IMG_1664

 

IMG_1672

IMG_1669 IMG_1670 IMG_1671 

IMG_1677

   IMG_1678IMG_1676  IMG_1675

Now how do you suppose i’m going to use and ruin a dishcloth this pretty???

 

Happy first mother’s day to my daughter and to all of you out there,

I hope your mother’s day is wonderful. I know mine will be as I get to spend one more

week with my daughter and grandson before they go back home.

 

Ephesians 6:1-3 ESV

1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

2 "Honor your father and mother" (this is the first commandment with a promise),

3 "that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land."

 

P.S.  Nice to see Russia coming in third to see my blog, with Canada and U.S.A coming in first and second!

Also nice to see United kingdom, Germany, France, Australia, China, Ukraine and Poland! Thanks for the support!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, Thanks for stopping by!!!