This jacket is not mine, it is for my daughter Cara. She saw my other jacket (queen of hearts)http://www.leeanneonlife.blogspot.ca/2014/01/queen-of-hearts-jacket-for-february.html and she decided she wanted one too and asked if I could make her one and so since she is the same size as me (on top anyway) I can make her one without needing a fitting. We Skype quite often as she lives in Alberta and I showed her the jacket and she LOVES it!! Yay!! This is my favorite that I’ve made so far! I’m going to probably be making one for me with this fabric!! This jacket is not as warm as the other ones I’ve made. More of a transitional jacket between winter and spring. I lined it with kasha lining but the outside fabric is thin and so it makes it just right.
I found this fabric on sale at Fabricville in Halifax NS, buy one get 2 free!! I just love it!! It is bright and rich looking with that black swirl pattern in velvet! The fabric is just as comfortable as it is beautiful with a little stretch to it. I decided to use my left-over fake leather to go with it. I also has an old pair of velour sweat pants that I did not wear anymore(I think they shrunk in the dryer) and so I used the legs of the pants for my patterns in back and on the sides.
The collar is fake leather also. I used the same pattern as my queen of hearts jacket so it go put together pretty quickly since I didn’t have to do any designing.
We actually had a day where I could go out to take pictures and it was warm enough to have my jacket unzipped! Oh spring where are you??? Please come soon, I miss you!!
peek-a-boo double welt pockets with my leftover bedspread fabric!! gotta love it!!!
The color you see here is actually closer to the actual color of the jacket. Taken with a flash. It’s almost an orangy deep pink. Such a pretty color.
Yes I have roots!! I need to get my hair done! Actually I tried to dye my hair in a nice dark purple-red but only my roots grabbed the color and so I’m a little multi-colored and faded now but oh well… I’ll get it done eventually
Played around making collages :)
P.S. I had a good conversation with my sister today. We talked about how your past experiences can come back to haunt you even when you know better and it can make you feel just awful. When something has hurt you deeply, it is something that stays with you the rest of your life, you learn to deal with it but it doesn’t take much to resurface. We have to remember that we are not our past and those things can only hurt us if we believe them or let them hurt us. Some people LOVE to bring up things that are hurtful and treat you in ways that are degrading, somehow they think it makes them feel better about themselves by putting someone else down to raise themselves up but in reality it doesn’t, it just makes them look bad. I try to remember that those people who would try to hurt me are people who are hurting themselves. You usually don’t love yourself and treat others bad, it just doesn’t work that way. A warm heart is tender and will not purposefully and coldly hurt someone else but in fact will go the opposite way and try to encourage and make someone else feel good about themselves. I try to stay away from people that will only put me down all the time. I can do that just fine myself I really don’t need help! thanks but NO thanks!
Whenever I am feeling bad about myself I try to remember what God says about me.
1. I am a child of God. I have been adopted by the most high God, the creator of the world, into His royal family. It does not get better than that.But to all who have received him--those who believe in his name--he has given the right to become God's children … (John 1:12).
2. Jesus says, I am a branch in his vine. I belong there with him.I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener. I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me--and I in him--bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing (John 15:1, 5).
3. Jesus is my friend. I have the best friend I could ever want and He is always available even though others may not be.I no longer call you slaves, because the slave does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because I have revealed to you everything I heard from my Father (John 15:15).
4. Because of the free gift of grace(grace is getting something you do not deserve) I no longer have to feel guilty about anything to do with my past. If I do feel guilty and I have asked God’s forgiveness it is the devil trying to deceive me into thinking wrongly so that I am kept under bondage to the past. God convicts He does NOT condemn. Convicts means he gently shows you your sin but does not accuse. You have every right to refuse a guilt trip of anything the devil may bring your way. Stop it right in it’s tracks by saying NO to it!But they are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:24).
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1).
5. God says, I can be who I really am inside. I do not have to be afraid of what others might say if I don’t join in to what everyone else is doing. I have to do what I feel is right in my heart according to what He has taught me through the word of God. I have been freed from who I was and the sin in my life does not need to dominate. I have to and should refuse it. I would like to say I always do it but I can’t say that. My spirit is willing but my flesh is weak. I am not perfect but I do my best to strive for perfection and I ask forgiveness when I fail and If I fail I get right back on track and forgive myself for messing up.We know that our old man was crucified with him so that the body of sin would no longer dominate us, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin
41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. (Matthew 26: 41)