Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cutest little country beach dress you ever did see!!!

IMG_4266 (2) 

Now this is screaming country charm!! I found this cute fabric at the used clothing store in my favorite fabric bin! It is not really “my style” but my sister sure likes it!!! (Sorry Cara, but I already promised her she could have it when she comes home from Alberta in May BUT if it doesn’t fit her you can have it!!!)

This fabric was not printed correctly. The border was on the wrong selvage, not with the stretch but against the stretch and so I had to do magic to work it into the design. I cut the border into wedges and sewed them all together to make a “new” border and so I used the rest of the fabric with the stretch going across the body which worked out great!! Sorry if this is confusing those who don’t sew but it’s too difficult to explain without having  a whole chapter on it! lol

IMG_4266

IMG_4268 IMG_4269

This is a flower I had kicking around here for like forever!!! You know, one of those things you keep hanging on to thinking you may use it someday? I didn’t know what I was ever going to use it for and trust me I’ve tried to use it many times for different projects and it just never seemed right…..until now, I think it goes perfectly with the dress and adds just that right touch!

IMG_4271

This is ribbon I had bought at La Shoppe a Slu when the store closed and I bought a whole bunch of left over ribbon (Yes I know a lot of you English people can’t pronounce that name! It’s Slu with a french EU  lol )

It just happened to match the flower perfectly!

IMG_4273IMG_4384 

  IMG_4420   IMG_4431 IMG_4441  

 IMG_4641

I wish I had some little cowboy boots to go with this…but I don’t :(

 

Pretty short Lee Anne!! Wouldn’t want to get into a puff of wind with that dress!!! 

Yes, yes I do!!!

IMG_4642  IMG_4645 

IMG_4636 

I suppose I could wear them with some leggings but still, I think a puff of wind would be better!!

IMG_4656

How else could I show off the cute little matching shorts I made!!?? lol

 IMG_4668 IMG_4670

 

IMG_4653  

IMG_4711

I took all these pictures and then realized that I hadn’t ironed the bottom of the dress yet!!! Oops!!! Oh well, you guys will have to deal with my wrinkled skirt! lol

IMG_4648 IMG_4649 IMG_4650

IMG_4773

Shorts with the sweater I made last year

 

Make up I chose to go with this dress. Soft brown pinks, blue and gold

IMG_4586
 

IMG_4693

Matching nails!

 

That’s it folks we are at the end. Hope you have a great day!!! :)

 

 

P.S. I just bought an old wooden desk/bureau for the bedroom!!! Another refurbish job!!! Yay for me!!! :)))) Pretty busy with work right now with blinds, valances, alterations and window seat pillows. I just find it so funny how people are. We are creatures of habit for sure. In business you can be slow for a while and then all of a sudden everyone is calling you!!??lol
I owned a little video store some years back and it was the same thing, it could be dull all day and then one person would show up and then everyone would just rush in at the same time to rent their movies. I’m sure it happens with most businesses. If only would could pace everyone out... :)  But thank God we have  jobs!!! :) And if you don’t and you need one then I pray that you find a good one!!!

 

II Corinthians 9:8 NIV                   
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work

Have faith

 

Deuteronomy 8:18 NIV

But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.

Have faith

 

I Thessalonians 5:16-19 NIV

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances; this is the will of God for your life.

Have faith

 

Ecclesiastes 11:4 AMP

He who observes the wind [and waits for all conditions to be favorable] will not sow, and he who regards the clouds will not reap.

Have faith

 

I Thessalonians 5:16-19 NIV

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances; this is the will of God for your life.

Have faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, Thanks for stopping by!!!