Saturday, June 15, 2013

Mother and daughter photo shoot in BC

 

This lovely place is Kelowna, British Columbia

Banff_2837

Water is so clear….cold too!

Banff_2839

Trees draping into the water

Banff_2838

Relaxing, warm and beautiful!!! Who wouldn’t want to take pictures here??

I have been teaching my daughter Cara, how to take better pictures… not that I am a pro but at least I know the basics and I am getting better. lol

Here is our fun photo-shoot, I think she did really well and she listened and tried to do what I told her.  We took turns being photographer and model! That’s a lot of work! hahaha

Banff_2844

Cara with her $100 dollar Guess sunglasses! Must be nice lol  I must be cheap because I don’t think I would spend that much money on sunglasses…. Unless I was rich…like a billionaire!! Then I might buy some and then you could all have a pair too!!! hahaha  Now if it was fabric I’d probably and have spent more!!! but I’m still not rich…..not in money (my day is coming) anyhow but I am rich in all sorts of other things!!!

 

 

Banff_2846

The trees are beautiful in B.C.

Banff_2850

Do not always have your subject in the middle of a picture but slightly off to the side is nicer.

Also try to keep a fairly equal distance from the top and bottom of subject

Always keep your arms away from your body and do not totally face the camera unless you are rake thin and want to look bigger.

Banff_2852

Try to have “room” in front of the way the subject is facing.

 

Banff_2854

Do not cut off subject at waist, knees or ankles.

 

Banff_2855

Imagine lines in thirds crossing the picture horizontally and vertically and place eyes around the top line.

 

Banff_2853

 

Banff_2857

 

Banff_2856

This one is my favorite that she took. I love how the focus is on me and the right side branches and blurred in the background

Banff_2859

I also like this one where I am not totally in focus but the branches in front of me are. Was this planned this way? Nope lol  She doesn’t know how to work my camera but it still turned out really nice!

Banff_2861

 

Banff_2863

Very amazon!

Banff_2864

 

Banff_2860

Banff_2866

This one could be better if it was centered in the middle I believe but I didn’t do it. There seems to be too much space in the back. If it was cropped to where the leaves are bright and blurred on the left it would look better and cropped as a taller photo instead of a longer width it would look better but still I like it this way.

Enough of my modelling on to my photography with Cara being my model

Banff_2867

This one I did center because she is looking head on and not turned left or right and so it seemed fitting to center her in the middle.

Banff_2869

 

Banff_2871

 

Banff_2872

All editing is done by me by the way, I do as little editing as possible to make the picture look good. I prefer a natural look. In this one I added a lens flare and I think it added a great touch to the pic. I then readjusted the levels again to get the depth of colors again as it makes it a bit washed out when you add the flare.

Banff_2873

She’s going to laugh at this one but she didn’t wear earrings and so there were two lonely holes without anything to cover them and so I made her a leaf earing!! lol That’s what mom’s are for. hehehe

Banff_2874

 

Banff_2876

I absolutely love this one!!! Her eye color is NOT edited!!! (Neither is mine btw)This is the color that was reflecting off of the water and trees into her already greenish eyes!! I love the expression in them too!!!

Banff_2877

Banff_2878

a bit amazon also

 

Banff_2884

Banff_2883

 

Banff_2885

Cara beeb in the jungle!!

 

Banff_2886

I added a lens flare on this one also for effects.

 

Banff_2887

 

Banff_2888

Lens flare on this one too. This one is  a bit brighter and I did not adjust the levels much.

 

Banff_2889

Sometimes if you do not like your picture much you can bring it in an editing program and do something like this. This is called colored pencil and I really like it like this!!

Banff_2890

 

 

Banff_2895

 

Banff_2897

 

Banff_2896

 

Banff_2898

 

Here Cara, take a picture of me climbing the tree! lol  I didn’t get very far

Banff_2899

 

Banff_2900

With my crazy arm and not being able to lift it for 7 months I lost my muscles!! I have got to do something about that soon!! Let me get my shovel out and start digging!!! lol

Banff_2901

Banff_2902

Banff_2903

Banff_2904

Banff_2905

Banff_2906

Banff_2911

Banff_2912

Banff_2914

Banff_2915

 

Banff_2916

Banff_2917

We had to have some together too!!

Banff_2919

These are my favourites because it’s a memory of my daughter and I together.

Banff_2920

Banff_2922

Banff_2923

Banff_2926

Banff_2925

Banff_2924

Banff_2927

 

Banff_2928

Such a beautiful place, the pictures doesn’t do it justice.

Banff_2931

Banff_2932

Banff_2934

Banff_2938

Banff_2939

Banff_2940

Banff_2948

 

Banff_2950

Banff_2952

 

The end. Very picturesque for sure and we had a beautiful day to enjoy it and  our photo-shoot!

P.S. See my fingers see my thumb coming up next post lol  Oh and my toes too!!

Catch you later

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, Thanks for stopping by!!!