Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sewed a brightly colored dress


I found this fabric at Fabricville in Halifax NS. It was in the 50%  off department and I really liked the colors. I did not use a pattern for this one but I traced out from an old tank top I had and just continued cutting it out longer to make a dress.

I talked my husband into taking my photos, I think he did a really good job!!!

multi dress hair extensions_3339
multi dress hair extensions_3345
The dress is gathered underneath the bust and I added a gathered hem of about 4 inches wide.
multi dress hair extensions_3351
multi dress hair extensions_3354

multi dress hair extensions_3358
We forgot to get back pictures of the dress!! This is the only one I have.
multi dress hair extensions_3380
This dress is very comfortable to wear!! It’s like having a night gown on!!
Love that polyester fabric!!!
multi dress hair extensions_3388
that`s an awesome tree and looks good with my dress!!
multi dress hair extensions_3391
The stairway at Frost park, Yarmouth NS.
multi dress hair extensions_3395

multi dress hair extensions_3446The ruffle

multi dress hair extensions_3447
Detail view

multi dress hair extensions_3450
I did not use a binding on this one, I just folded the raw edges and stitched it. The under bust is tacked and stitched down on both sides.
multi dress hair extensions_3465
The back neckline is high.
multi dress hair extensions_3466
Easy dress to make…only took me about 1 hour, maybe less
multi dress hair extensions_3399
This is one of the picture my husband likes the best.

multi dress hair extensions_3405

multi dress hair extensions_3420
The fountain at Frost Park.
multi dress hair extensions_3423

multi dress hair extensions_3429

I am loving this dress!!! So colorful and easy to wear!!! It’s one of those take it anywhere dress. Could be worn casual or dressy. These colors will move on unto 2014 no problem so I will be able to wear it next spring too.

Thanks for taking an interest in the clothing I make, I love love love to sew some new clothes and wear them of course!!!
Have a terrific day!!! xox
P.S. I got hair extension while I was visiting my daughter Cara who works as a hairdresser, she put them in for me. We ordered them from China and it only took three days to get to Alberta!!!! Can you say fast!!??? Well fast isn’t the case to put them in!!! First of all, we had ordered 18” tape in extensions that would be very fast to put in BUT what we received was 18” Micro rings hair extensions. It was too late to send them back as I was not going to be in Alberta much longer and so we decided to use them. 4 hours or so later after Cara’s hands are so sore from using a plier to clamp them on my hair, I have a head full of hair extensions which was great BUT we soon find out that they are NOT staying in my hair and they keep falling one by one off my soft slippery thin hair!!!! Not good!!! Besides that the rings are metal and not good on my sensitive scalp and cause an irritation so as soon as I came home I had to pull them all out as they were falling out anyway. Sigh.  Back to the drawing board…hahaha
multi dress hair extensions_3275
This is how long they were. About 2 or 3 inches longer than my natural hair in the pictures above. I saved all the pieces and I cut off the rings. I then used a professional hair extension fusion tool and melted the left over glue on the hair to hold it in place properly. Now I can add the extensions to my own hair with the glue tool. I just need someone to help me do the back of my head as I can’t reach!! lol Maybe I can talk my husband into helping me!!! If I dare!!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, Thanks for stopping by!!!