Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sexier red orange flowered pj pants and jacket

 

Hello everyone!!!

Well I found some more flannel!!! I had forgotten about this fabric that I had bought and when I went looking through my rather large stack, lo and behold, there it was!!! I also found this red jersey fabric that I had found at a used clothing store and I thought I’ll make a dress with it and some more pj bottoms with the flannel and so I made the pj bottoms and was looking at the red fabric wondering what kind of dress I could make with it and at the same time wondering what I could wear with the pants to take pictures and all of a sudden I was making a sweater!! I surprise myself sometimes! I never know what I’m making until it’s there!! lol

For the jacket I used double thickness as I wanted it to be a bit thicker than the fabric actually was. They sure don’t make fabric very thick now a days!!  The only problem with that was that is was a bit too thick for my liking when it came to some of the seams. I would have been better off with one layer thickness for this but at least it will be warm. Still it turned out decent.

 IMG_0981

So they are not so sexy, but boy oh baby, they are comfy!!! I think they are sexier than my rubber boots pj pants,

but that is just my opinion! hahaha

Click here if you haven't seen those

IMG_0985  IMG_0988 IMG_0990 

I think I could almost wear these out and about….well almost!! lol

IMG_0995   

IMG_1024

So awesome that I had the perfect color for my jacket to match my pants!!

IMG_1031IMG_1025     IMG_1032 IMG_1033   Doesn’t this remind you of little red riding hood?? Every time I look at this I start singing the crazy little song about red riding hood and the big bad wolf!! lol Now I’ve got you singing it too haven’t I?? heheheIMG_1040 IMG_1043 IMG_1046 

This is my beautiful cat Kalie Rae, she hates to take pictures!!! She was like, mom let me go!!!

IMG_1052

This is my beautiful cat Minou Marie. She hates to take pictures also!! lol She wasn’t a happy camper here!

How to make the pants, here is a little tutorial

1 Make SURE your fabric is washed and dried the way it will be after the pants are made. It will shrink a bit.

2 Read all the instructions first and then come back and cut your fabric.

3 You need a little over 2 1/4 meters of 45” flannel fabric and a small piece of fleece in the colors of your choice.

4 You need a pair of pj bottom’s that fit you well or decent. I will show you how to fit properly for your body shape.

5 Turn your pants inside out and fold in half finding the seams of the front. The front usually has a smaller crotch length

6 Place on your fabric. Cut your 2 1/4 meters in half for easier handling.

7 Following the pants pattern cut out around it leaving about 3/4 inches for seams.

8 Do the same for the back pants. These probably have a longer crotch seam with a bigger curve for the seat.

9 Sew the front crotch seam from the waist to about 3/4 inch short of the edge of the crotch (at the curve)

10 Do the exact same for the back crotch seam. See picture below

11 Join the front and back at the hips to the ankle on both sides.

12 Join the front and back from the crotch to the ankles on both legs.

13 Your pants are ready for a fitting.

14  after you have the fit you are satisfied with serge or zigzag all seams.

15 sew crotch seam together where all the leg seams join at the crotch.

17 cut the fleece lengthwise about 6 inches wide with the stretch so that the stretch will go with your body.

18 fold in half and wrap around your body to see how much you need. Don’t forget to leave enough for seams.

19 Unfold and sew seam together. This will be your back seam. You can put an elastic if you like but I did not as I am sensitive to elastic and prefer not to have it. Will be a bit loser without the elastic.

20 Fold in half again lengthwise and match the raw edges of the band with the raw edges of the pants and sew around having the seam at the back. Topstitch the band sewing with the seam turned up into the band.

You’ve done it!!! Wear and enjoy your pj’s!!! Aren’t they great!!!???

back sew

 

IMG_1002

Your waist should be close to horizontal like mine is in this picture.

IMG_0997

I have a slight pelvic tilt and a protruding bottom so I had to take in at the waist more to fit the curve of my back. I also had to take some of the back fabric off to even out the waist to get it horizontal to the floor. If not it would have been very slanted to the front with the back being a lot higher.  I like mine with a slight tilt to the front, not totally straight. I also made these low waist.

The side of the seams should be parallel with your body also.

Fitting for different body types. Here are some quick sketches that I drew to show you some fitting tips to get your

pj’s to fit comfortably.

pelvic tilt

 

protruding abdomen

protruding abdomen and bottom

That is it folks, Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and have fun making your own pants.

 

P.S. Help when you are under attack

 

Have you ever had people be against you, twist your words to make you look bad and feel their hate towards you and lie about you? God gave me this palms to meditate on and I thought I would share it with you because I know without a doubt there are people who need this.

If you know you are innocent and you have people lying about you and trying to get you in trouble, pray in Jesus’ name something like this psalm and see if God doesn’t move mountains for you and come to your rescue and get back at your enemies!! God sees your tears, they are recorded in His book!!!

Psalm 56

For the director of music. To the tune of “A Dove on Distant Oaks.” Of David. A miktam.[b] When the Philistines had seized him in Gath.

1 Be merciful to me, my God,

for my enemies are in hot pursuit;

all day long they press their attack.

2 My adversaries pursue me all day long;

in their pride many are attacking me.

3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

4 In God, whose word I praise—

in God I trust and am not afraid.

What can mere mortals do to me?

5 All day long they twist my words;

all their schemes are for my ruin.

6 They conspire, they lurk,

they watch my steps,

hoping to take my life.

7 Because of their wickedness do not[c] let them escape;

in your anger, God, bring the nations down.

8 Record my misery;

list my tears on your scroll [d]

are they not in your record?

9 Then my enemies will turn back

when I call for help.

By this I will know that God is for me.

10 In God, whose word I praise,

in the Lord, whose word I praise—

11 in God I trust and am not afraid.

What can man do to me?

12 I am under vows to you, my God;

I will present my thank offerings to you.

13 For you have delivered me from death

and my feet from stumbling,

that I may walk before God

in the light of life.

There is also Psalm 57 that goes along with this. Just google it!!

Be blessed!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, Thanks for stopping by!!!