Monday, March 18, 2013

Healthy strawberry shake!!! Yummy!!!

So I'm trying out a raw vegan diet, I'm always trying new things to see if I can get rid of this Fibromyalgia and interstitial cystitis problems...I'm not totally raw but I'm easing into it...I started 8 days ago and I was feeling really good but today I'm having a bit of a problem. I've heard that when you detox they say that you go through your symptoms backwards. Even if you don't have the problems anymore it may come back up as you are detoxing. I believe this is true as I've detoxed before and have experienced this strange phenomenon.(That was a big word for me!) hehehe
 I'm not sure if I'm just detoxing or if I've irritated things by consuming so much fruit or I'm feeling the effects of the storm that's coming tomorrow...I have problems with yeast and tolerating acids so I may have to go off of the high acid fruits such as oranges, strawberries, and sour things and eat the alkaline fruits and veggies such as apples, bananas, watermelon,apricots and yucky raisins lol...not sure yet, time will tell.

I was totally inspired by this beautiful lady who has been doing this for years! I hope I can look as good and healthy as she does some day!! Here is  her video
Try to guess how old she is!!!


I just ordered her books! Thanks Annette for being an inspiration!!


See my before and after of only 5 days

This is day 1  























My skin broke out with little bumps and got all weird and blotchy and wrinkly but went away within a couple of days! Yikes, this isn't my best picture.... pretend you didn't see it!! lol























Day 3, I can see my skin changing and getting better and more even toned. Someday I may show you my before and after without makeup...yeah right!! Scary!! lol


































Day 5....Don't you think the difference is amazing!! Just 5 days!!! Very bright skin and eyes and even toned, I only had to use a touch of foundation! It's like I have new eyes and skin!! And 5 lbs less to boot!! (You translators is just means that I have lost 5 pounds as a bonus!!)
My daughter told me how good I looked and how I looked 8 years younger!!! lol  I love it!!!! hahaha
That would make me 19???  I'll never tell!!! lol
She has also started (slowly) to eat more raw foods.
I sure hope I can stay on this way of eating!!

Here is my recipe for Strawberry Smoothies

1 cup almond milk or water
1 large banana
1/2 tsp of agave or honey (honey is not raw vegan)
about 15 frozen strawberries
Add strawberries to rest of ingredients in a blender until desired thickness
Yummy goodness!!! Make 1 tall glass





I'm having a coke float right now.....I just made my chocolate shake recipe Here and poured in Stevia coke that I got at the health food store. I actually ran out of almond milk and so I used water instead with the exact same results for anyone not liking almond milk. Personally I can't taste the difference.

healthy
No soy
No dairy
No refined sugars
Low fat
no meats
Low calories (only 120 calories for a large banana)

Have another healthy day, I'll probably have to wait until tomorrow!!! lol 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, Thanks for stopping by!!!