Saturday, April 20, 2013

Lee Anne's healthy Chocolate uncooked cookies recipe

I was in need of a snack and I was thinking what could I make that would be still basically healthy. I had tried making chocolate uncooked cookies a while back and I hadn't liked them..they were too mushy so I decided to try it again and change the ingredients around a bit. This is what I came up with and they turned out delicious!!! Taste pretty close to the real thing!!! The texture is dry but moist, not chewy, holds it's shape well and is very chocolatey. Sweetened with a little bit of honey and banana.


This makes 6 small sized balls

1/2 cup oats or so (I'm not good at measuring anything!! I cook by taste, smell and feel!!! lol)
about 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut   150 calories per 1/2 cup
1/2 tsp of real butter (omit if you are off of dairy and add more banana)  25 calories
about 1" and a half of a banana more if it is too dry,  about 15 calories
1/4 tsp baking soda ,  0 calories
1/2 tsp cocoa powder, 3 calories
1/2 tsp carob powder (you can use all cocoa if you prefer but I find it a bit too chocolatey)  12 calories
1 tsp of raw honey (or healthy sweetener of your choice)  30 calories

Blend everything together in the blender.

Total calories for this recipe is..... 235 calories!! Double yummy!!!

No refined sugar
No dairy if you omit the butter
No nuts, unless you add some! Changes the calories drastically!!
No oils
low fat, low calories, raw food
How can you not love this???
 Next thing I knew we were eating them and I hadn't even taken pictures yet!!! lol  Good thing there were three left!


 See that lovely texture??

 There you go, have your cookies and eat it too!!! Guilt free!!!

Woohoo, have an awesome yummy day!!!

P.S. Prayer: “Lord, help me to appreciate and be responsible for the food I eat, to nourish my body as your temple. Help me to put you first in my life, above all other things, and have a healthy relationship with food so that I eat only when I am truly hungry, and turn to you to meet my emotional and spiritual needs. In Jesus' name, Amen”

Proverbs 21:20: In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has. 
Are you going to be wise or foolish? 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, Thanks for stopping by!!!