Monday, April 1, 2013

2013 spring cotton jean style jacket 1

Hello everyone, I made a jacket for this spring 2013. I bought the fabric at Fabricville, my favorite store, even though it is 3 hours away. I do a really good job when I get up there. I think I scare all the workers there! " What I'm going to have to cut out all that fabric for you!!!??" Geesh!! lol

This is in the "try it on" stage
"Seams" to be fitting


Here it is finished. Wearing it with a skirt I made a in 2012. The top is from the store Eclipse

































I used a pattern for this one, although I basically had to reconstruct the whole pattern or it would have been
pretty ill fitting. I don't know how they get away with making patterns like that and selling them!!??

 I forgot to check the sleeve length and cut out my sleeves waaaay too short shame, shame, shame, lol and so I had to add pieces to the sleeves but if I didn't tell you you would never know it wasn't part of the jacket. Now having been sewing in draperies and apparel wear steady for the last 9 years or so you learn that you make a lot of mistakes BUT where there is a will there is a way I always say. Instead of crying about your mistakes you have to learn to be VERY creative especially if you have a brain like mine that forgets everything.
 Sometimes the worst mistakes turns out to make you look like a creative genius!!! LOL  I still hate to make mistakes though...I just don't want to do something twice!!! Sometimes my mistakes sit in the corner for a long time too. hahaha

































See my sleeve "design" hehehe



It dips a little in the back making a point, this is a design feature that I added, wasn't a mistake! lol


































I didn't have the correct size zipper so I didn't put it in yet. I've got to get one, but the more I look at it the more I think I just want to put a snap instead. I think it just needs one snap right where I'm holding it. I'll probably wear it mostly open anyhow.

I am planning on making another one in the same style with a different fabric so stay tuned for that one!!
It's going to be a little longer and not so fitted I think. The sleeves will be the right length!! lol I usually learn from my mistakes the first time! hahaha




This is the back on my dummyAnd this is my casual look for it









































The blurred look, I thought this was cool lol
That's it, hope you guys enjoy my creations...Actually they are not my creations, I'm just a copy cat like
everyone else, because I believe there is nothing new under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 1:9-10
What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun. 
Is there anything of which one can say,
    “Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
    it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
    and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
    by those who follow them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, Thanks for stopping by!!!