Saturday, July 30, 2016

My brothers mantle is now mine!!!

 


This is a double mantle that my talented,wonderful and loving brother Kirk made!!!
 I looooooooove itπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
I have been wanting one for a long time

and everytime I go to his house I tell him....I want it....and 
so they decided to do over their living room 
and this piece was "up in the air" 
whether it should go or stay......

well you know what side I was on!!!πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ 
And it was decided that it would go to 
his lovely wonderful fantastic sister!!! Lol

Can you say pleased and tickled pink!!??? 

I put it up,as is,temporarily, until I can figure out 
What to do with it.

Now it is stained and varnished but there are scratches on it.

I know, I know, some of you would say leave it as is,as my brother would too (he thinks everything should be stained woodπŸ™„) but his sister is different.
Not that I have anything against wood but it just would not match my decor!😳

It has to be painted! Yes painted! I'm thinking white paint. Fresh clean white paint. 
 

The great thing about the way he made it is the top comes off!!!

I get 2 mantles for the price of one! Oh yeah, I didn't pay for it. 😜 
The top one is going in another room. 

The bottom one, I plan on making a box under it to lift it up and probably have a few drawers too. The inside needs a back of some kind, possibly a shelf too. 

Anyway hoping to get this project done before summer is over. Will post picture when I get it done. 

Ttyl πŸ˜„❤️πŸ˜„

PS. For those of you who don't know this is a painting I did a few weeks ago
But this is not the painting that will go there as it is too small once I
Take out the top mantle. I will have to make another large painting or 
something for that spot. 
 
Never liked the wall colour.....it was supposed to be silver grey but it looks too lilac! Changing the colour to a warmer grey, like the floor.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, Thanks for stopping by!!!