Saturday, September 29, 2012

(Pre) casual jacket in Navy

 

Hello everybody!! I finally finished my pattern and made my pre jacket….yes that is before my actual jacket that I want to make…..

I was going to make my jacket pattern right on my “good fabric” but I prayed….yes I did,,, I asked God how I should do this and He said “make a pattern” ……..  but really??? I complained “Do I have to?”   He didn’t answer me back because I knew what he said the first time….sigh…..can’t get away with laziness with Him!!! lol BUT having obeyed him I get to have 2 Jackets!!! How great is that!!!?? YEAH BABY!!!! hehehe

So I got busy and made a paper pattern first. From the paper pattern, I used some corduroy fabric that I had on hand that I had found at a thrift store and some left over denim fabric that I had bought at Fabricville and made a fabric pattern that I sewed together. I didn’t quite have enough of the navy corduroy fabric but thankfully I was able to find the denim fabric that went well with it.

I ran out of the corduroy fabric before I was finished….sad…. so creativity took over and I pieced the inside and the sleeves and you’d never be able to tell unless I showed you!

So now this is my casual jacket that I can be comfortable in strolling around the neighborhood…. I’ve worn it once for a little while already and had a few compliments on it.

 

PIC_1751 edited

Denim sleeves and belt

 

PIC_1712

the navy cord has an almost suede look to it

PIC_1713

The sun kept going in and out so my pictures are light and dark

PIC_1721

PIC_1800

PIC_1715

PIC_1722

PIC_1724

PIC_1725

PIC_1741

PIC_1734

PIC_1743

PIC_1749

PIC_1750

PIC_1759

PIC_1760

PIC_1763

PIC_1755

PIC_1753

PIC_1764

PIC_1784

See that spot on my jacket…..it’s a mosquito!!!! they were swarming that night!!!

PIC_1774

PIC_1787

PIC_1772

PIC_1792

What I’m going to change on my “real jacket”?

The collar is going to be a bit different

The sleeves are going to be tighter around the wrist

I’m going to put in a pleat in the back                                                                 

The colors are going to be black,white and pinks                                               ?

It will be quilted in some places and pieced in others

The pockets will be deeper

The jacket will be slightly shorter

 

That’s it folks!! hope you liked my jacket and that you look forward to seeing the next one…..I’m already thinking that I have a nice dark pink corduroy fabric that would look good in a shorter version of this jacket….. maybe I’ll make it after my real jacket, you never know…..I may have to give away my last years coat that I made to someone so I don’t have too many jackets!!!….???

Hope you all have a beautiful day!!!   Hasta luego!!!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, Thanks for stopping by!!!