Thursday, May 2, 2013

Make your own healthy donair sauce


I’ve made some donair sauce from scratch.
I don’t want to eat all the ingredients they put in donair sauce that you buy

Here is my recipe for donair sauce
In blender blend 1/2 cup water and 1 tsp. of pure unpasteurized honey
add about 1 1/2 tsp. of buckwheat flour
1/2 tsp. of salt or to taste
1/2 of a squeezed lemon
1 garlic clove (small or large clove depending on how much garlic you like) I like mine strong!!
1/2 of a egg (mix in a small bowl and pour half in the blender)   Omit if you do not want the egg
you may add a bit of xanthan gum but it is not a healthy food  This will thicken also but not necessary.
blend all ingredients well and then add
1/4 cup of olive oil until thick
Pour in a bottle with a lid or place plastic wrap on top and post best before date with a black marker on the wrap. Will be good for at least 5 days in the fridge.

Make your own healthy gluten free garlic fingers
and dip them in the donair sauce!! yummy!!!

health foods_1769health foods_1772health foods_1775health foods_1778health foods_1776health foods_1780

Let me know how you like it if you make it please!!! Enjoy

P.S. thanks so much to the people who are recommending me on Google!!! And for those who don’t know it, it is the tiny labels right after the post at the bottom along with the Facebook, twitter and e-mail. I love to see so many different countries here!!! Thanks to all and I hope you enjoy my posts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, Thanks for stopping by!!!